Tomorrow I will be heading to Salt Lake City, Utah to attend the Altitude Design Summit. When I try to explain to real life friends and family that I'm going to a blog conference they get confused. I mean - they get it that I have this blog but what is there about blogging that warrants an entire conference? I get questions like: Will we all be on our laptops blogging in a big room together? The truth is... I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'm going to remain optimistic and open.
I'm looking forward to heading out to SLC tomorrow but first I have so much to do... like:
• Learn real names (for example, I don't want to be squealing "JEALOUS CURATOOOOORRRRR!!!" when I meet Danielle)
• Pack for cold weather but maintain style - this is tricky.
• Paint my nails - does anyone else have to block off hours of their day to do this? Or is it just me?
• Research beginner tips for skiing. I might attempt it for the first time ever on Saturday.
Holler at me if you're going to Alt tomorrow!
Photo found here. Logo from Alt. Compilation by me.
J & K started this blog project to document the remodel of their 1929 historical home in the heart of Oklahoma City. It has now turned into a documentation of life, food, fashion, freelance, inspiration, design, adventures and details around the J & K house.
Kathleen works as an award-winning brand consultant and designer specializing in small business branding at Braid Creative & Consulting. Jeremy is a software engineer and is the left-brain to Kathleen’s right.
You can contact Kathleen at
jeremyandkathleen (at) gmail (dot) com.
All photos and graphics by Kathleen unless otherwise stated. Feel free to use them with permission or credit.
Anatomy of an Outfit
Sometimes I like to get dressed and take pictures of myself. For all of my outfit posts click here.
Freelance Matters: A series about how I tackle freelance issues such as estimating, billing, to-do lists and how to fire a client.
Trekking to Everest
In October 2010 Jeremy and I trekked through the Himalayas to Mt. Everest Base Camp. It completely changed my life. Read about the entire adventure, day-by-day, here.
Braid is a creative & consulting business I own with my sister. We do branding and business visioning for creative entrepreneurs. On the Braid blog I share branding adventures, how-to articles and advice on the creative process. If you need a little brand therapy of your own visit Braid or subscribe to the Braid blog RSS feed here.
What We Eat
We like to eat really good food - at least 3 times a day. Sometimes I blog about it - click here for recipes and yummy ideas.
J & K: Blog Archive
- ► 2012 (182)
- Weekend Style
- Money | Matters
- Breakfast for Dinner: Indian style
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Crazy Legs
- Alt - The Summer Camp Experience
- Everest Luck
- Girl Crush: Michelle Martin-Coyne
- Anatomy of an Outfit: '70s Butt
- And Kathleen Business Cards
- Roasted Veggies and Pesto Pasta
- Make Up | Matters
- Always a Bridesmaid...
- THE JoDI FONT
- Happy Day
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Lasagna
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Bumblebee
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Casual Friday
- Wedding Invitation: Letterpress Airmail
- Skin | Matters
- 7 months freelance
- Hello, Twenty-Eleven.
- Cucumbers & Hummus Lunch
- Anatomy of an Outfit: The Kathleen Scarf
- So very not glamorous.
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2010 (387)
- ► 2009 (406)
- Eva Black | Spaces
- Emma Dime
- Life as an Artistpreneur
- Jane Reaction
- Ink & Letters
- Meg Biram | The Edit
- Sarah Von Bargen's Small Biz Blog
- Design Crush
- The Equals Record
- Emmarie Designs
- Rory Gordon
- Yellow Brick Home
- The Creatives Project
- Silly Grrl
- Photographers Skeen
- The Clothes Make the Girl
- Bringing Design Home
- Pip & Estella
- A Practical Wedding
- Kind of a Sideshow
- Sandra Juto
- Old Sweet Song
- Rambling Renovators
- Brooklyn Bride
- Design Crush
- Experiment in Poverty
- The Jealous Curator
- Making it Lovely
- Dressing on the Side
- The Oklahoman
- Young House Love
- Oh So Beautiful Paper
- A Cup of Jo
- Brooklyn Limestone
- Glamour Weddings