There are a few things I explicitly need to put out into the universe:
1. I want to travel and write. And I would love to be paid to do it. I'm currently working up a pitch to the trekking company I went to Nepal with but if you guys have any other ideas or tips for me on how to achieve this dream I'd love to hear it.
2. I will be co-hosting a real life workshop for small creative business owners this summer. And I need you guys to attend. It started with the idea of having a slumber party for artistpreneurs and freelancers at my place (wouldn't that be fun!?) but came to fruition when I was approached by this smart gal about collaborating on something even bigger. I can't wait to share more. The logistics are still being hammered out so stay tuned for details. But I'm still open to the idea of having a slumber party. F'reals.
3. I want to go on more adventures (big & small) with Jeremy. I want to document them here with photos, words and video. Specifically, I think it would be fun if we hopped on a train for a week or so and spent our time writing music, drinking tea, making out and crafting master plans. (Inspired by The Darjeeling Limited and Meg's recent Amtrak adventure.)
4. But I also want to feel enthusiastic and comfortable in the daily grind. Lately, my head is so far in the future that I get impatient and irritable with the here & now.
5. I want to work exclusively with small creative microbusinesses and artistpreneurs through Braid Creative - both in branding and content sharing. Tara, my business partner in crime, and I are crafting a way to do this. In fact, we're doing our Braid Method on ourselves in order to clarify our own brand and offerings. I want to bring more of myself into Braid and offer things like eCourses, eBooks, and emails directly to your inbox.
6. I want a uniform. My Anatomy of an Outfit series may have to evolve to accommodate my desire to completely strip my wardrobe of color and exclusively wear lots of layers of grey and black.
That's it. Just six little things. Are you listening, universe? Let's do this.
Photos by my new designer Kristin.
J & K started this blog project to document the remodel of their 1929 historical home in the heart of Oklahoma City. It has now turned into a documentation of life, food, fashion, freelance, inspiration, design, adventures and details around the J & K house.
Kathleen works as an award-winning brand consultant and designer specializing in small business branding at Braid Creative & Consulting. Jeremy is a software engineer and is the left-brain to Kathleen’s right.
You can contact Kathleen at
jeremyandkathleen (at) gmail (dot) com.
All photos and graphics by Kathleen unless otherwise stated. Feel free to use them with permission or credit.
Anatomy of an Outfit
Sometimes I like to get dressed and take pictures of myself. For all of my outfit posts click here.
Freelance Matters: A series about how I tackle freelance issues such as estimating, billing, to-do lists and how to fire a client.
Trekking to Everest
In October 2010 Jeremy and I trekked through the Himalayas to Mt. Everest Base Camp. It completely changed my life. Read about the entire adventure, day-by-day, here.
Braid is a creative & consulting business I own with my sister. We do branding and business visioning for creative entrepreneurs. On the Braid blog I share branding adventures, how-to articles and advice on the creative process. If you need a little brand therapy of your own visit Braid or subscribe to the Braid blog RSS feed here.
What We Eat
We like to eat really good food - at least 3 times a day. Sometimes I blog about it - click here for recipes and yummy ideas.
J & K: Blog Archive
- Indie Shopography: A Real Life Workshop for Your S...
- Freelance Matters | How to work with a printer
- Tofu and Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
- Good Fucking Design Advice
- Indie Shopography: A Workshop for Your Small Creat...
- Best in Print
- In It.
- How Wheat Ruined My Valentine's Day
- Wedding Invitations: Anatomical Heart
- Zombie Training
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Limitations
- Brand Identity: Allison Barta Bailey
- Notes For The Universe
- Holding Down The Fort
- Celery Soup Is Not Boring
- Week / End
- Home Sweet Home Office
- ▼ February (18)
- ► 2011 (257)
- ► 2010 (387)
- ► 2009 (406)
- Eva Black | Spaces
- Emma Dime
- Life as an Artistpreneur
- Jane Reaction
- Ink & Letters
- Meg Biram | The Edit
- Sarah Von Bargen's Small Biz Blog
- Design Crush
- The Equals Record
- Emmarie Designs
- Rory Gordon
- Yellow Brick Home
- The Creatives Project
- Silly Grrl
- Photographers Skeen
- The Clothes Make the Girl
- Bringing Design Home
- Pip & Estella
- A Practical Wedding
- Kind of a Sideshow
- Sandra Juto
- Old Sweet Song
- Rambling Renovators
- Brooklyn Bride
- Design Crush
- Experiment in Poverty
- The Jealous Curator
- Making it Lovely
- Dressing on the Side
- The Oklahoman
- Young House Love
- Oh So Beautiful Paper
- A Cup of Jo
- Brooklyn Limestone
- Glamour Weddings